After over two years teaching in South Korea David and I returned to the UK but after ten months we decided we missed South Korea and here we are once again... teaching, exploring and LOVING living in Changnyeong, Gyeongsang nam-do.

안녕하세요, 행복한 독서! Hello, happy reading!


Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend shopping in Busan

David and I spent last weekend in Busan getting some last minute shopping done before we fly home on Saturday. I think I am happy with all the souvenirs I bought for my family. I have bought loads of stuff, most of it is just cute random items. I love shopping for gifts. I ended up buying just as much cute stuff for myself! 
We stayed in the Ibis Ambassador Hotel. This was right next to Bujeon Station, Exit 1. It was reasonably priced with a great bar on the seventeenth floor.We normal stay in love motels so this place had a standard to beat...it done okay!

We spent most of our time shopping in Nampodong and Seomyeon.  We had a really nice lunch on Saturday in Seomyeon. It was in a Japanese restaurant. It was extremely delicious and so big that we didn't have room food dinner later.

....Well we didn't have room for dinner but we did find room for some alcohol. Our first stop was in a bar called Barket in Seomyeon. This was a cross between a bar and a corner shop. You picked what ever drinks you wanted from the fridge and paid on your way out. First I had some sparkling wine and then... WAIT FOR IT... Bulmers! This is the first time that we have seen this cider for sale in a bar. I was very happy. After our drinks we went to some arcades and won some cute stuff. Then we headed back to our hotel and had a couple of bottles of wine in the bar.
           

The next morning we felt a little delicate so we headed back home at lunch time.